Friday 27 March 2009

Friday Pop

I'm listening to Candi Payne's excellent 2007 album 'I Wish I could Have Loved You More'. Nice pop music for a Friday; something you can sing along to but still take yourself seriously as a music snob. Mind you, I sing along to Dolly Parton at times, off-key and totally without irony.

Other pop tunes I'm enjoying as I bustle about...

The Rezillos cover of Last of the Secret Agents - looks like one of the band has skinned a muppet....

And, No One Takes You Home by Kathryn Williams

Tonight I'm off to Cardiff to laugh at Mark Watson, which is okay, he's a comedian, a wonderful one at that (who makes the world substantially better), and I've paid for the privilege. Afterwards there may be chess and some drinks, or some storming to the train station and sulking at home (with a consolation pizza - a large one).

It could go either way but I'm all set. I'm oozing deliberately casual in cardigan that looks as if it could have been an Oxfam donation from Kurt Cobain, but underneath I'm a bundle of anticipation/nerves; fed up of let downs and, let's be oh so melodramatic here... false hopes. I'm tired, I really need some nice times and a laugh but I'll settle for winning at chess. At least twice.

Or that pizza and extra olives.

No comments: