Wednesday 29 October 2008

Be Cool - Fun Thing # 87

I'm cool. Properly cool. I'll need to get some ray bans because, they're cool right? Having never been cool before (and labouring under the fantasy that the interviewing a band for a free newspaper automatically confirms such status) I'm experiencing giddy highs and a tendency to act like the Fonz, or break out into a massive grin, and don't tell me a grin isn't the epitome of cool. In a couple of weeks my reviewing might will be exercised in a semi-professional capacity and my name gets to be in print as a proper honest to goodness music journalist. You're impressed, I can tell. Cool.
I'll stop typing that word now. Promise.
To be honest I'm worrying more about what to wear, but I'd like to add that I'm doing so whilst listening to the two albums the band have produced (I'll stick the review up here once it's been printed). As to the interview questions - I'm hoping they'll come to me on the bus down to Cardiff; after all four and half hours have to be put to some use, apart from the usual falling asleep and dribbling windows. I also know to take a sandwich to the interview; this is not to feed the hungry musicians but rather me - just in case there's delays. Mind you I bet the band are a bit hungry - they've enjoyed serious critical acclaim but little commercial success as yet, they all look very thin. A sandwich, bus fare and a Dictaphone all you need to know to be a journalist right?
It's all the NME guys seem to need to do. Oh boy, I need to get me a Dictaphone to go with my delusions of grandure and ambitions of kissing various musicians.
I'd like to add; I'm still cool.

No comments: